#GDC14 starts this week
It’s here! Today kicks off the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco — a yearly “gathering of the tribe” AKA the wacky, creative, super-smart people that devote their lives to making games. I’m looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Ping me if you’ll be in town for #GDC14 – perhaps we can meetup for drinks.
During these past few weeks, I wrote about player types and intrinsic/extrinsic motivation in game design – for your convenience, here are the posts:
- Everyone Loves a Matrix: the Psychology of Player Types
- Beyond Player Types: Kim’s Social Action Matrix
- Create Your Social Action Matrix
- Game Design and Extrinsic Motivation
- Tapping the Trinity of Intrinsic Motivation
I hope these ideas and tools help you strike that tricky, artful balance between intrinsic pleasure and extrinsic scaffolding.
Got any burning questions? Want me to write more about a particular topic? Leave your feedback in the comments.
March 19, 2014 @ 2:28 am
Responsive blog site looks good!~