Amy Jo Kim
Amy Jo Kim, Ph.D. is an in-demand keynote speaker on rapid innovation, early product design, and cooperative gaming.
Attendees describe her presentations as “inspiring”, “mind-blowing” and “deeply educational”.
Popular speaking topics include:
- Managing & Motivating Remote Teams
- Mental Health for Startup Founders
- Driving Retention with Game Thinking
- Rapid Innovation for Product Leaders
- Game Design Tips for Product Leaders
- Collaboration and Cooperative Design
- 10X your Product/Market Fit
- Better, Faster Customer Discovery
- Rapid Prototyping with Story Beats
Named by Fortune as one of the top 10 influential women in games, Amy Jo Kim is a game designer, community architect, and innovation coach. Her design credits include Rock Band, The Sims, eBay, Netflix, nytimes.com, Ultima Online, Covet Fashion, & Happify.
Amy Jo has helped thousands of entrepreneurs & innovators bring their ideas to life through her coaching programs at gamethinking.io. She pioneered the practice of applying game design to digital services and is well-known for her books Community Building on the Web (2000) and Game Thinking (2018).
In addition to her coaching practice, Amy Jo teaches Game Thinking at Stanford University and the USC School of Cinematic Arts, where she co-founded the game design program. She holds a PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience from the University of Washington and a BA in Experimental Psychology from UCSD.